The butter biscuits are oven baked till golden brown and are sandwiched together with an almond flavoured icing.
- 250g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 5ml almond essence
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- A pinch of salt
- 50g butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Cream butter or margarine and 1/2 a cup of icing sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sifted flour, corn flour, salt and 5 ml of almond essence.
- Mix the mixture until it forms a soft dough.
- Roll the dough 3cm thick on a flat surface.
- Using a fork, press the dough lightly to form lines.
- Cut the dough into rectangle shapes.
- Place the rectangle dough shapes on a greased oven tray and bake for 8-10 minutes on 180 degrees or until the biscuit turn a slightly brown color underneath.
- When the biscuits are baked set it aside and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl add in the butter or margarine and the icing sugar.
- Mix the ingredients well to form a cream like consistency.
- Stir in the vanilla and almond essence.
- Sandwich the biscuit with the butter icing and sprinkle the tops of each biscuit with icing sugar.