This is a recipe for the boondi ladoo. Also take a look at the semolina ladoo recipe.
3½ cups of gram flour
20ml of baking powder
5ml of yellow food colour
10ml of ghee
5ml of cardamom (elachi) powder
Water to form a batter
Finely chopped coloured almonds for decoration (toss almonds in food colour)
Oil for deep frying
Ingredients for syrup
2 cups of sugar
3 cups of water
2ml of elachi
2 drops of yellow food colour
Method for syrup
- Combine the above ingredients in a pot till and boil till a sticky consistency is reached.
Method for the ladoo / luddoo
- Combine the above ingredients to form a smooth, thick liquid batter.
- Pour the batter through a spoon with large holes or a colander held over the hot oil.
- Fry the tiny balls untill golden brown and place into the syrup.
- Allow the tiny balls to stand for about an hour.
- Mould the mixture to form round golf sized balls. Decorate the top with coloured almonds.
This recipe has been submitted by a reader. If you wish to submit your own recipe, please email us. The prepared dish may not resemble the inset picture.