Traditional oven baked butter biscuits lightly flavoured in vanilla extract.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 125g butter
- 125g margarine
- 185ml vegetable cooking oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, margarine and sugar.
- Mix the ingredients together to form a cream like consistency.
- Add in the oil and stir until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour into the liquid mixture.
- Mix the mixture well to form a soft dough.
- The dough can be piped into shapes using a biscuit machine.
- Alternatively portions of the biscuit dough can be broken off and shaped into round balls.
- Bake the biscuits on a 180 degrees for 6-10 minutes or until the underneath of the biscuits has turned a golden brown color.
- Baking time may vary according to the type or model of oven used.