A tasty thai pudding infusing together the flavours of the rice and coconut. This versatile pudding can be served hot or cold.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup cooked glutinous white rice
- An additional 60ml of brown sugar
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut or shop purchased dessicate coconut
- Heat a non stick pan over the stove top.
- Stir in the coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Simmer the milk mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add in the cooked glutinous rice.
- When the milk mixture has reached boiling point, reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer till a pudding consistency is reached.
- In a separate pan, add in the additional brown sugar and grated coconut.
- Allow the sugar to dissolve and blend completely with the coconut.
- Remove the mixture from the stove top and allow it to cool.
- Pour the rice pudding into little bowls or ramekins.
- Sprinkle the cooled sugar and coconut mixture over the pudding.
- Serve the pudding hot or chilled with an optional side servings of fresh fruits.