This is an eggless variation of the popular cheese cake. We will soon be publishing a recipe for the layered cheesecake that is made with Tennis biscuits.
Ingredients for the base
60g of margarine
250g of self raising flour
50ml of sugar
25m of iced water a pinch of salt
Optional : A packet of crushed Tennis or digestive biscuits combined with 50ml of melted butter can be used as a substitute for the base crust above.
Ingredients for the filling
200g of margarine
2 cups of castor sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 tablespoons of 250g of plain smooth cottage cheese
Method for Base
- Mix together the margarine and sugar.
- Add flour and salt and mix well.
- Combine water to form a dough.
- Roll into a greased pie dish and bake on 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
Method for Filling
- Blend together all the ingredients into a smooth textured mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the crust and sprinkle flake over the top.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Serve chilled.