A healthy oat biscuit comprising of mixed dried fruits, coconut, rolled oats and syrup. The biscuit is iced with a topping of yoghurt and plain milk chocolate.
- 500ml rolled oats
- 250ml flour
- 150g butter
- 5ml bicarbonate soda
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 180ml sugar
- 250ml desiccated coconut
- 30ml golden syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruits
- 1/4 cup plain of flavored yoghurt
- 1 slab plain white milk chocolate
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over the stove top.
- Add in the bicarbonate of soda.
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the melted butter mixture and mix well.
- In a greased ovenproof tray place the oat biscuit mixture and press firmly down to cover the surface of the tray. Do not flatten the mixture too much.
- Bake the oat biscuit on 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the biscuit from the oven and cut it into squares.
- Allow the biscuit to cool.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate on a high heat setting for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Alternatively melt the chocolate by placing the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of water on a stove top.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in the yoghurt.
- Pour the chocolate and yoghurt mixture over the oat crunchie biscuits.
- Allow the topping to harden before serving.