Fish fillets lightly seasoned in a dry spice marinade and dipped in a beer batter. The beer battered fish fillets are deep fried till golden brown.
- 6 pieces of fresh fish fillets, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mixed ginger and garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup beer
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Additional oil for frying the fish
- Combine the flour, mixed herbs, and salt together. Stir in the lemon juice, beer, and oil.
- Add the egg as well as the ginger and garlic paste.
- Mix well to form an even textured smooth batter.Additional beer may be added to allow the batter to have a thick “pouring” like consistency.
- Dip each piece of fish into the batter and fry in hot shallow oil.
- Allow the fish to fry on one side until firm and golden brown. Gently turning the fish over and allow to fry till well cooked.
- Serve the battered fish hot with spicy potato chips and lemon wedges.