Oven baked pastries filled with jam are baked till golden brown. The pastries are a perfect teatime snack accompaniment.
- 500g puff pastry (shop purchased)
- Mixed fruit jam (any flavour of jam can be used)
- Melted buttter
- On a flat surface unroll the puff pastry.
- Ensure that the pastry is fully defrosted before use.
- The pastry can be placed in the microwave for a quick defrost method or left in the fridge overnight before use.
- Cut the pastry into 15cm by 15cm squares.
- Heat the jam in the microwave for 30 seconds on a high setting.
- Place a tablespoon of jam on one half of the pastry square.
- Smear the edges with melted butter.
- Turn the pastry square over to form a triangle.
- Press the edges of the pastry triangle down firmly.
- Baste the surface of each pastry triangle with butter.
- Sprinkle the pastry triangle liberally with sugar.
- Bake the jam pastry triangles in an oven for 15 minutes on 180 degrees.
- The pastry have a brown colour underneath.
- Allow the jam turnover pastry to cool before serving.