Traditional indian pastry (pur) filled with sweetcorn and cheese. The samoosa is deep fried till golden brown and served with a dipping sauce.
- 1 kg ready made or home made samoosa pur (defrosted)
- 1kg sweetcorn, washed and drained
- 250g margarine
- 1 cup chives, finely chopped
- 5oog cheddar cheese,finely grated
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/4 green pepper
- In a non stick pan, heat the margarine over the stove top on a medium heat setting.
- When the margarine has melted, stir in the grated onion and green pepper.
- Simmer until the onions have turned a translucent colour.
- Add in the sweetcorn and simmer until the sweetcorn has cooked through.
- Stir in the chopped chives.
- Remove the sweetcorn from the stove top and add in the grated cheese.
- Allow the sweetcorn mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the samoosa pur on a damp tea towel.
- Remove 1 sheet of samoosa pur and place it onto a flat surface.
- Fold 1 end of the pur over to form a small triangle.
- Continue this step once more in the opposite direction. This will form a small pocket.
- Add a spoonful of the sweetcorn mixture into the pur pocket.
- Continue folding the pur as in step 10 and 11.
- A sweetcorn filled triangle should be the end result.
- Seal the ends of the samoosa triangle with the flour mixture.
- To make the flour mixture, mix together 1 cup of flour with water to form a sticky paste.
- Ensure that the samoosa is seal well to prevent it from opening up when fried in the oil.
- Continue with steps 10 to 13 until all of the sweetcorn mixture is finished.
- Fry the sweetcorn samoosa in hot oil till golden brown.
Serve the samoosa hot with a dipping sauce.