Pan fried mushroom in mashed potato, lightly seasoned with butter and freshly ground black pepper. This seasoned mixture is stuffed into potato skins and topped with grated cheddar cheese. The stuffed potato skins are oven grilled till golden brown.
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 50g butter or margarine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 button mushroom, medium sized
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Additional 1 tablespoon of butter
- Rinse and dry the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in the microwave and bake for 1o minutes on the highest heat setting.
- In a non-stick pan stir in 1 tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and simmer until brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the microwave and slice each potato into half.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop the potato and place into a bowl.
- Ensure that the potato skins are still intact.
- Using a fork, mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Stir in the butter and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the milk.
- Add in the fried mushrooms.
- Scoop the mashed potato and mushroom mixture into the potato skins.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over the tops of each stuffed potato skin.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven on 180 degrees for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Serve the mushroom in mash stuffed potato skin hot as a snack or as a side dish.